The church was started in 1953 with the services being held at Berea High School. The property in which the church sits was purchased in October 1953. The first service held in the activity room was in January 1954. The first service held in the Sanctuary was on March 22, 1959. There has been several additions and renovations made to our building over the years. The Leisure Ministries Building (gym) was built in 1973, just in time for our 20th anniversary. A renovation was completed in 1992 with the addition of the CDC area and Fellowship Hall.
Our CDC was established in September 1992 for children ages 6 weeks to 4 years.
Our Sanctuary stained glass windows were dedicated in January 2003. The stained glass window facing the front of the church was dedicated in 2017.
The WSCS (now the Methodist Women) was established in July 1953. The Methodist Men was established in April 1954. The church choir was organized in January 1954. The Inspiration Group was formed in 1975. In October 1993 the Berea Friendship Quilters was organized.